Our mission is to enable Nashville’s emerging leaders to advocate for KIPP, while building awareness of educational inequalities in our city with the next generation of business and community leaders.
What does the ELK do?
The ELK is creating a community through:
- Fundraising for KIPP programming
- Hosting lunch and learns to spread the word with our peers
- Hosting events around the topic of public education
- Organizing volunteering at KIPP among young professionals
Who is in the ELK?
A diverse group of influential, rising leaders in Nashville:
- Benton Au – Vanderbilt University – Owen MBA Student/JP Morgan
- Taylor Berry – Asurion – Senior Product Manger
- Caroline Brzozowicz – BB&T – Assistant Vice President, Commercial Lending Officer
- Daniella Gafan – Vanderbilt University – Owen MBA Student
- Deon Gaines – DT Productions – Account Manager
- Kaya Grace Porter – Lewis, Thomason, King, Krieg & Waldrop, P.C. – Associate Attorney
- Sydney Kochmanski – GoNoodle – Operations Specialist, Community Partners, Districts & Schools
- Neha Sakaria – Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System – Portfolio Manager
- Janelle Williams – Nissan North America – Sr Planner of Finance
- Bridget Haimberger – Appian Corporation – VP, North America
- Brianna Hawkins – HCA – Sarah Cannon Research Institute – Lead Clinical Trials Specialist
- Jarrett King – First Horizon National Corporation Portfolio Manager
- Lauren King – Teach for America – Manager of Corporate & Foundation Relations
- Jessica Ford Liang – Nissan North America – Media Manager
- Racquel Martin – Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP – Labor and Employment Associate
- Lauren Marve – Forte Foundation – Marketing Coordinator
- Raj Ramachandran – Change Healthcare – Senior Director, Claiming and Remittance
- Arik Shur – Relay Graduate School of Education – Director of Operations
- Bryan Smith – Bridgestone – Brand Manager
Live podcast recording| Thursday, July 12, 2018 | 6 – 7:30 p.m. at InDo| 623 Fogg Street, Nashville, TN 37203
- Join Emerging Leaders for KIPP as CJ Casciotta, author of Get Weird: Stop Fitting In, Start Standing Out, interviews two recent KIPP graduates and Randy Dowell, KIPP Nashville Founder and Executive Director. The interviews will be live recorded for a special podcast. Plus enjoy networking with food and drink. | Click here to register for this free event!
Brunching Back to School | Saturday, August 4, 2018 | 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. at Tansuo | 121B 12th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37203
- Join us for a morning of brunch bites and cocktails, as we go “Brunching Back to School” in support of KIPP Nashville. Network with other young professionals and learn more about how KIPP Nashville is proving the possible. This event will help supply two KIPP Nashville classrooms with leveled reading libraries, which helps our students develop a lifelong love of reading and learning. Click here to purchase tickets!
If you’re interested in learning more about the Emerging Leaders for KIPP and to apply, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org